Monday, September 28, 2020

The Gift of Motivation...

 Writers, like anyone else, sometimes lose motivation to do their job. We have to solve problems in marketing, public relations, communications, business relationships, balancing work-family, and creating new projects. There are times you need a little pick-me-up. Enter someone who says the right thing, or does something, that gives you that boost.



 

This was a gift from my Aunt Dolores and my Uncle Ed (love you guys!). They've been big supporters of me, my Evolution Revolution series, and my other books. I've been toying with an idea to write a fourth book about Jack, the exceptionally smart squirrel who learned to use simple machines- and is sharing that knowledge with other animals to fight back against humans taking over their habitat. I have a great twist in mind, so the timing of this gift is very... karmic? 

I'm working on a project currently that I need to finish (a trilogy- one book is done and subbed to agents, the next is about one third written, and the basis for the third has been scrapped and a new idea in place). I'm thinking I can use NaNoWriMo to write the next story in Jack's saga. 

But even if I don't get to Jack's next chapter for a few months, just looking at this little guy gives me motivation to not only finish my current project but to plan the details in Jack's story. 

Wishing you motivation and good people who give it to you-


Char

No comments:

Post a Comment