Monday, June 3, 2019

No Plastic Is Possible...

A little break from all the writing stuff-

When I visited my son in California, I ordered takeout from the local restaurant. ALL the utensils, EVEN THE BAG THEY CAME IN, WERE BIODEGRADABLE. It's called PotatoWare.


I LOVE that it says, "We're the solution, not the pollution." There is NO REASON every restaurant can't use these. (Please make this happen, all you food industry big wigs....). Check out http://www.earth-to-go.com/. Let's STOP using plastic and thinking it's the only way.

I'm big into conservation and recycling and saving the planet- and everyone doing SOMETHING. I believe in it so much, it's been a sub-theme in my books- both the Sirenz series and the Evolution Revolution trilogy. I'm trying to use recyclable bags and avoid using plastic ones, I don't use straws, I support causes like 4Ocean. When you buy a 4Ocean bracelet, not only are you supporting an organization that HIRES local people, but they clean the ocean AND the plastic is recycled- into the bracelets! Each bracelet represents 1 pound of trash cleaned from the oceans and shores. It's a win-win-win situation.


And the bracelets look cool. They come in a variety of colors depending on what 4Ocean is highlighting- the ocean, its creatures, etc. Check them out at https://4ocean.com/.

It's organizations like these, and the people behind them, that give me hope we can stop the destruction to our earth. Now go buy a bracelet, volunteer to clean up trash, and spread the news!

Char

No comments:

Post a Comment