Thursday, January 17, 2019

And The Word Is...

It seems everyone is choosing a word that will be their key word for the year. I've seen lots of excellent choices. Mine will be:


BREATHE 

Before I respond to a troll on Twitter of other social media, I'm going to breathe- and slow down that impulse reaction.

Before I panic over a manuscript rejection, I'm going to breathe- and acknowledge it wasn't for this particular editor, and look at who's next on the list.

Before I despair over someone's unkind opinion of me, I'm going to breathe- and ask myself if their opinion is important in the scheme of my life.

Before I get upset over something that didn't go my way, I'm going to breathe- and remind myself of all the blessings that I've been given.

Before I give up on something that's important to me, I'm going to breathe- and remember that nothing worth doing will be easy and to give it another shot.

Before I say yes to an activity someone wants to me lead/join/do, I'm going to breathe- and see if it's what I want. 

Picture courtesy of Wendy Hero, Pexels.

So if I don't answer a question as soon as it's asked, or jump to sign up to volunteer, or respond to something, just wait for me to finish breathing...

Char

No comments:

Post a Comment