Monday, January 23, 2012

Off The Grid

I'm going to go off the PC and SC grid here (Politically Correct and Spouse-ly Correct).

The hubby decided that when he switched jobs, he would shred all the paperwork- office memos and reports, benefit notifications, correspondence, etc., that he no longer needs.

Some may argue, yay, he's clearing up a mess. And put a smiley face, like this :)

Now ask:
Why didn't he do it once a month?
Once a year?
Once every 5 years?
Once a DECADE?

I kid you not. Bags and bags of papers (mixed in with family photos, funeral cards, pens, alligator clips, household bills, newspaper ads, business cards from people long gone to other jobs, gas, grocery, pharmacy, Home Depot, ALL KINDS of receipts, and so much more). It boggles the mind.

At least he's finally doing it, you say in that trying-to-remain-positive voice (and knowing it's only going to get worse).

Because he decides to do it on the rug in the TV room so he can watch the game. NOT in the basement (which has a big TV!) and which has a tile floor that can be easily swept.

Of course the shreds are ALL OVER the damn place. And he leaves it for me. I pick most of it up, because that much will clog the vacuum.

Which it does.

No matter what I do, I can't get it unclogged.  So I have to drag down the upstairs vacuum.

Which brings me to the stupid (WARNING: NON-PC Rant coming!) dumb-ass design- probably by a MALE engineer; the hose has a bend in it, so you can't see where the clog is, never mind get it out. So now the over-priced replacement hose ($170+ what a scam!!) is on it's way. How stupid and dumb-ass a lot of appliances are.

Like my dishwasher (Electronic panel right UNDERNEATH the steam vent? Really? Common sense 101- steam condenses to water, which drips- down into the electronics panel and shorts it out.) So I only have one setting on my dishwasher- the 2 HOUR one. Seriously Maytag, I have problems WITH ALL YOUR APPLIANCES. What kind of idiots do you hire?

In keeping with my New Year's resolution, I will find something positive to say: the appliances are shiny. And they're going to break down quick enough for me to get new ones, better ones, and I will be happy in my kitchen again!  Two out of the three waste bags are gone. The family room is clean again. :) See? Positive spin.

Back to the hubby. And the paper mess yet to come (bag three is the BIGGEST; a Hefty lawn-leaf bag). It may come down to this for him:



Or this for me:



The hard part will be trying to decide which has more appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment